Thursday, June 2, 2011

S is for Served

Hey, here's a good one...got back from visiting family on Monday and was already in bed (I think it was between 8:30 and 9:00) when I heard a knock on the door. I just ignored it because I thought Jack would got it. He didn't say anything, so I figured maybe it was someone knocking on the neighbor's door. About 20 minutes later I heard the knocking again, so I got up and threw my robe on and went to the door half expecting it to be someone knocking on the neighbor's door. Some dude was there and asked "Are you K....?" I hesitantly said, "Yes." He handed me a paper and said, "You can contact them at this number or pay within 20 days." and he was off.

I stared at the paper not knowing what had just happened. I read it a couple of times before I figured out what it was about...I am being sued by Discover Card! What a bunch of idiots! I've been a customer since '92 and then last year ran into financial problems and tried to get them to take lower payments or at least drop the interest rate, but I kept getting the run around and got tired of being transferred and being told different things by different people. I gave up and just quit paying. I mean, what else could I do, really? Even if I sold everything I own, I couldn't pay them off. Blood from a turnip? I don't know what's going to happen next...

No comments:

Post a Comment