Monday, September 27, 2010

S is for Silence

I've learned over the years that sometimes silence is the best answer to whatever is bothering me.  It doesn't always work, and it sometimes even backfires, but sometimes it is the best thing. I've put things out there too many times and have had my heart stomped on too many times to reveal too much to any one person. The only person I've ever told all of my secrets to went crazy. How is that suppose to make me feel? I tend to keep things to myself.

I can't tell my sister what's bothering me because she's too wrapped up in herself right now to listen to anything. I don't blame her for being focused on herself because she's got a lot on her plate. I certainly wouldn't want to be in her shoes. Really, I'm not sure that I'd ever be in her shoes. I am so different from her. I live in a different world than she does. Sometimes I try to venture into her reality, but I wouldn't last long there. I think I'd be eaten alive.

It's not that my world is so easy. I honestly believe that I live more in reality than she does, but we see things so differently. The main difference is that I believe in something (she calls it faith and equates faith with religion and equates religion with church and relates church with Catholic.) She claims that she believes in science and that if I believe in science I can't (or shouldn't) believe in God. She also believes that if I believe that Jesus is the Son of God that I am a Christian. I believe that Jesus is God, but I am not a Christian. I understand Christianity, but do not claim it as mine. I can't set limits on God; that is not my right. I accept God and truly believe. I do not disregard anyone's beliefs; I just don't want anyone to put limits on mine.

Hmm...I have tried to explain my views on religion, God, faith, belief many times before. I think this is the closest I've come so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment